Hereford House food contamination: Suspect’s test results released

LEAWOOD, Kan. — The Leawood, Kansas, Police Department announced Tuesday that test results from a suspect in the food contamination investigation at Hereford House indicate there is no ongoing risk to customers due to infectious disease.

Since the investigation began, 330 people have contacted investigators by phone, email or online form after dining at the Hereford House restaurant in Leawood between March 26 and April 25.

Police continue to investigate recent food contamination by a former restaurant employee.

Johnson County Prosecutor’s Office Food adulteration charges have been filed against 21-year-old Jace Christian Hanson.

According to court documentson April 25, information was received from an FBI Special Agent regarding possible intentional food contamination at the Hereford House located at 5001 Town Center Drive.

The information was about a restaurant employee contaminating food through means such as urinating in the food or rubbing food items on his genitals and posting videos online.

Court documents say that through the FBI’s examination of IP addresses, they were able to locate the associated phone number that returned to Hanson. The special agent later provided thumbnails of the videos posted on a website from the username “Vandalizer.” The images showed a man urinating into food placed in restaurant-like boxes, pressing the food items against his organs and buttocks and using their feet to touch the food items.

Leawood Police investigators contacted the director of Hereford House. The chef was called to the front and provided thumbnails of the videos that were posted online. He quickly recognized one of the thumbnails of the restaurant’s Au Jus sauce.

When officers asked Hanson if he was aware of any food contamination, Hanson said, “I’ll be honest, yes.”

He stated that he had been in contact with male people online asking him to make videos. Hanson said he meets these people through apps like Grinder, Sniffy’s, and Scruff. They also communicate through SnapChat, according to Hanson.

Hanson estimates there have been more than 20 cases of him contaminating food at the restaurant.

He stated that he worked at Hereford House for about a month. The first sign of contamination occurred a week and a half after work began, court documents say. He initially stated that this was work because he did not enjoy the job. Although he says he began to enjoy his work a little more, the actions continued.

Police continue to question customers who experienced any illness after eating their meal between the dates of March 26 through April 26. Submit their information here. Customers who have already submitted a report do not need to resubmit their information.

Hanson is scheduled to return to court in June.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected